Will you help support us by volunteering your time?
We have a great need for volunteers who want to help women in distress because of an unplanned pregnancy. Milwaukee Birthright volunteers provide confidential help to women by lending a listening ear and by providing help to expectant mothers before, during, and after their baby is born. Our volunteers also help connect mothers with organizations or agencies that will assist them with counseling, housing, food, day care, or employment.
Training for volunteers is provided. Hours are flexible, and you may work from home or at Milwaukee Birthright.
Our volunteers play an important role in helping women in crisis. What is expected of a Birthright Volunteer?
- A belief in the sanctity of life from conception through natural death
- A listening ear
- A compassionate heart
- A respect for the privacy and confidentiality of others
- A willingness to learn resources and an unfailing attempt to search out help for our clients
- A belief that answers are possible regardless of how long it takes to find them
- A willingness to learn from others and use the information to benefit our clients
- A knowledge of a foreign languages helpful, but not necessary
Contact us to learn about ways that you can help. Sometimes, the most fulfilling experiences come from helping others. To let us know what you are interested in and how you can fit into our team of volunteers, please download and complete this form:
Birthright Volunteer Application
You can fax it, mail it, or stop in for a visit!